OFFICIAL 2008 DERBY
(1) Ticket sales will end at 8 AM
Sunday Aug. 17th.
(2) Weigh-in hours: Sat. 8 AM - 3PM
Sunday 8 AM - 12 Noon.
(3) Salmon will be certified by Derby Officials. Derby Officials
reserve the right to clean fish and may do so on a random basis.
Derby Officials may disqualify any fish that has been tampered with or
appears to have been tampered with. The decisions of the derby
Officials on legality, time, and weight will be final & binding
(4) Fish will be weighed in at the location listed
below in the whole to determine the
Official weight. In the event of a tie, the time of weigh-in shall
determine the winner. (Earliest time wins). The weigh in will be at
Sunrise Motel & Resort in Hoodsport.
(5) Fishing will be allowed only in the open area of
WDFW Marine Area 12 as described in the current WDFW regulation pamphlet.
(6) All contestants must fish in accordance with current
WDFW Fishing Regulations. Any violation of WDFW regulations will
disqualify the participant with no recourse.
(7) All persons on board boats fishing in this derby must possess a Derby
ticket. Weighed in fish will be disqualified if it is found that
all on board to not comply.
(8) Salmon must be caught between dawn Saturday and the
end of the derby, noon Sunday.
(9) Salmon must arrive at the weigh-in stations via
water to qualify for weigh-in and/or prizes.
(10) The Awards Ceremony will be approximately 2:00 PM,
Sunday, at the Hood Canal Grocery store parking lot in Hoodsport.
(11) Prizes and awards will be limited to one per person & ticket stub
needs to be relinquished when claiming the prize.
(12) To claim kids grab bag prize, derby ticket stub needs to
(13) Top ten prize winners need not be present to win,
however it is the responsibility of the winner to pick up their
prize within 30 days or it will be forfeited. The Derby sponsors
are in no way responsible for delivery of prizes.
WDFW fish checkers will be taking data, length, sex & scale samples to
further expand their data of this area.